• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Selective Mid-Arm Bulking? (BB)

arthunter888

Bluelighter
Hello. I need some advice on selective bulking (bulking specific muscle groups while trying to maintain or loose size on others). First off, is this even possible? Usually when I read up on bulking routines, I notice usually they use nearly every major muscle group spread out over a week.

I realize that putting high stress on the legs when lifting will help release more anabolic hormones than any other part, however this might be against my goal. My lower body is pretty huge, a good amount of muscle along with lots of fat. I'm intentionally avoiding lower body workouts in order to build my upper body up to proportion while keeping lower the same.

My routine consists only of an exhausting session of underhand close-grip chin-ups to target biceps, and skull crushers with an EZ curl bar for triceps (I'd be satisfied if these two are the ONLY muscles that grow). I switch between pull-ups until failure (slow reps to full extension, then squeeze biceps at top), and skull crushers till failure (usually 8-10). I do this for about an hour or so till I can barely lift a drinking glass. This is only once a week. I drink two scoops of whey right after the workout, and try to get 100g or more of protein per day for 2-3 days after workout until soreness is gone.

I'm 22, male, 160 lbs, high metabolism. Does anyone think this routine will accomplish my goal, or MUST other muscles be involved to promote mid-arm growth? I'm spending so much $ on high quality whey, so any advice is much appreciated.

Stick to pull ups/Chins and rows for biceps/back followed by 2 sets of isolation.... Dont overwork your arms it doesnt work!

Chest exercises and Dips for triceps.... SOunds like you might be overworking your arms.... if you are only 160lbs and not growing then try doing LESS and eating MORE :)